Dr. Michael Cullen, an Omaha native, graduated from the University of Nebraska with a Bachelor of Science degree. In 1989, he earned his Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine from the University of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences in Des Moines, IA. In 1991, after a Podiatric surgical residency at Truman Medical Center and Lakeside Hospital in Kansas City, Dr. Cullen opened his private practice, Omaha Foot and Ankle Specialists in Omaha, NE.
Dr. Cullen's professional accreditations include:
- Appointed by Governor Ben Nelson and served four years on the Nebraska Board of Health
- Chairman of the Alegent Health Podiatry Section for 6 years
- Former Executive Board Member of the Lakeside Medical Center
Dr. Cullen's professional certifications and memberships include:
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery ( recertified in 2004 and 2014)
Dr. Cullen continues to pursue the highest level of podiatric training available. In addition to his professional expertise and experience, the courtesy and attentiveness of our staff has strongly influenced local physicians and our patients to refer their family and friends to Omaha Foot & Ankle Specialists for their podiatric care.